Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Japanese Might Make Fewer Mistakes. Why This Is A Lesson For Others.

I love the Japanese sense of quality control in and outside the Japanese nuclear power industry. I was surprised moving to the US after high school in Japan, with how things broke down more often in the US, and how people took less pride in their work.  Despite Japan's culture of high quality control, they messed up Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant's safety system design. Other countries without Japan's famous quality control culture will need to try even harder than Japan to improve their nuclear safety procedures.

I gained many positive feelings towards the Japanese while growing up in different parts of Japan during most of my childhood. My Japanese was better than my English in the earlier years.

No comments:

Post a Comment